Fully trained Border Collie for sale

Listings of breeding or production animals for sale or being sought for purchase. See announcement for terms and conditions.

Fully trained Border Collie for sale

Postby Jenn » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:14 pm

For sale: 4 yr old MC medium coated Border Collie "Ben"

Has both speed up/slow down flanks, good outrun, good stop, fully on whistles. Very biddable. housebroke, but can also live in a kennel too.
gets along w/ dogs, cats, horses, free range chickens. Has helped more stocker cattle in a rotational grazing setting, has NOT worked pairs. Would love to work ducks. Good with lambs, moves my flock of 225 head (including lambs) around without any problem, more sheep won't bother him. I mainly use my dogs around the farm (120 acres), I only trial a very small amount. That being said, Ben has run in two open trials last fall- was just out of the money in both (likely with a better handler, would have been in the money). No trials this year, building a house. The second trial was a challenging, hilly 550 yard course with challenging Suffolk and Suffolk cross eyes. Did well with the outrun and the ewes.

ABCA registered
CEA- at most carrier (dad is a carrier, mom is normal)
hips- looked good a neuter
BAER hearing test normal early June 2012
MDR-1 normal via parentage (blood brain barrier drug test; i.e. NOT ivermectin sensitive)

Being sold through no fault of his own. I acquired young dog last fall. The new dog picks on Ben a lot. Unfortunately, the new dog suits me better than Ben and I really enjoy watching the young dogs develop. Would be a great starter dog (for farm and/or trial)- has the skill, but not hard to handle. Also fine for an Open handler too. For skill level, priced to sell.

Contact Jenn at jb@bebt.com or phone/text 319-321-3699

E-mail me and I can send pictures. Working on video, was just too hot last week to make a video. Ben is located in Iowa.
Jenn
Old Hand

Re: Fully trained Border Collie for sale

Postby Jenn » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:26 am

Ben has been sold. Thanks!

Jenn
Jenn
Old Hand

Return to Stock For Sale or Wanted