Welcome! Please read before posting.

Listings of breeding or production animals for sale or being sought for purchase. See announcement for terms and conditions.

Welcome! Please read before posting.

Postby Bill Fosher » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:03 pm

Welcome to the Sheep Production Forum. This forum is provided as a place to people who are interested in sheep production as a serious pursuit. It doesn't matter if you have 10 ewes or 10,000. Remember that you are conversing with people who are not necessarily familiar with your production system, so it might be helpful to outline the type of sheep you have and how you run them in your posts.

There are plenty of other forums and listserves available to those who wish to discuss raising sheep for show. If that's your interest, please join one of them -- but feel free to discuss husbandry matters here.

There are very few rules here, but I expect strict adherence to the few that I'll set down. The prime directive is to be reasonably civil. That doesn't mean you can't be blunt, but name calling is out of bounds. I'll remove posts that cross the line, and warn users that have posted them.

The next most important rule is that you must not violate copyrights. That means no posting someone else's words, pictures, or thoughts -- with or without attribution -- unless you have their specific permission to do so. I will remove questionable posts and warn users that have posted them.

No cussin'.

Please keep posts relevant and try to put them in the right forum.

Lastly, this forum is only as good as its members and the thoughts they share on it. I don't want to be in the business of removing users, but I will if I need to. I'm not looking to be a censor, but I will remove posts if I feel it necessary. You can always try to change my mind, but in the end, it's my sandbox and my judgment rules.

There. Now that's out of the way, enjoy.

Thanks!
Bill Fosher
Westmoreland, NH
Bill Fosher
Chief Shepherd

Return to Stock For Sale or Wanted