Submitting Lambplan/NSIP Data

A forum for discussion of these genetic measurement tools.

Submitting Lambplan/NSIP Data

Postby Kathy Lewis » Mon May 30, 2011 10:28 am

Has anyone else had this problem? Last week we tried to submit Lambplan data.... weaning weights on lambs, yearling wts. and scrotal circumference, etc. The file we submitted was blocked by our mail service provider as being an "unacceptable file type" due to virus potential.

This is frustrating since it looks like we'll miss the data run deadline and won't have current EBVs for the Midwest Sale. Have contacted both the service provider and Lambplan to see if this could be resolved but so far no resolutions. I don't understand how a file sent could be a virus threat to the sender but I must be missing something here.
Kathy Lewis
White Dorpers with Lambplan EBVs
www.whitedorper.com
Kathy Lewis
Old Hand

Re: Submitting Lambplan/NSIP Data

Postby Polypays4U » Mon May 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Kathy

I submitted NSIP data to LambPlan yesterday between 3 and 4 PM which would have been Monday around 7 or 8 AM in AU, I think. I got a notice wanting me to download something because files like I was sending could contain a virus. It did this maybe 3 or 4 times and I kept telling it NO, I didn't want to download that program or whatever. Finally aol said my message was sent with attachment. My "Sent" folder says it was sent but I haven't received confirmation from Stephen yet.
Bill Hardman
Uncompahgre Polypay Farm
Delta, Colorado
The western home of productive Polypays.
Polypays4U
Old Hand

Postby Don Hausser » Mon May 30, 2011 10:42 pm

I just sent mine an hour ago (9:40 pm our time) no problems. Yours go through in a Zip folder?
Don
Don Hausser
Old Hand

Postby lambchop » Mon May 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Don,
Ours goes as a zip file, but has a file with a .dbt extension inside. Our ISP uses linux servers and they now consider a .dbt as executable files. We have been working with Stephen and our provider, and think we have a work around. Sent info about 10 min ago, and so far so good. Others bounced i n a couple minutes before.
Paul Lewis
White Dorpers with Lambplan EBV's
www.whitedorper.com
lambchop
Old Hand

Postby Kathy Lewis » Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Just got notification from Stephan Field that the file went through with the STDBOOK.DBT removed.
Kathy Lewis
White Dorpers with Lambplan EBVs
www.whitedorper.com
Kathy Lewis
Old Hand

Postby woolpuller » Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 am

so far for 15 yrs I have never had any problems. I am touching some wood as I say this.
high performance, high health, high biosecurity, a truly closed Suffolk Flock
woolpuller
Old Hand

Postby lambchop » Tue May 31, 2011 8:07 am

Woolpuller,

We hadn't had a problem in the last 11 yrs......until now. Hope you don't run into the same thing. Could just be security initiated by our service provider. Stephen and they are working to solve the issue.
Paul Lewis
White Dorpers with Lambplan EBV's
www.whitedorper.com
lambchop
Old Hand

Return to LambPlan and NSIP