Server failure

Announcements about changes in the forum. Also a place to ask questions about how to use the forum, or to make suggestions for how it could be improved.

Server failure

Postby Bill Fosher » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:17 am

Hi everyone,

As you know if you tried to log on yesterday (June 21, 2008), the server that hosts the Sheep Production Forum crashed. The hosting company got it back up and running about 11 p.m. last night. My e-mail server was on the same machine, so there's a chance that e-mails anyone sent to me yesterday won't get through.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Bill Fosher
Westmoreland, NH
Bill Fosher
Chief Shepherd

Postby Travis Johnson » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:06 am

No need to apologize Bill, those things happen and I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are truly greatful that you spend the time and money to have this board online. I have found a ton of good answers from the good Shepard's that are on here.

If that was your goal when you started this board, then I would say you have succeeded.

Of course seeing how I could not get my daily sheep fix (yes I need some sheep) I had to go to Janet McNally's website. That gave me my daily sheep fix alright, so all was not lost yesterday. As I said a great board, great Shepard's and great information.
Travis Johnson

Postby Peg Haese » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:40 am

I believe Bill's hosting company is owned by his stepson Jason, so you know he gets top-notch service!
Peg Haese, PNP Katahdins, far SW Wisconsin USA
Peg Haese
Old Hand

Postby Bill Fosher » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:54 am

This is true, but anyone who has a 20-something stepson knows that doesn't necessarily translate to top-notch service :>)

Actually, Jason's great. He's set up a very cool life for himself and takes his responsibilities to his customers very seriously. He's not a big hosting company with 24/7 up-time guarantees, but he also doesn't outsource his customer service to someone in India who can't speak English and doesn't know what's going on, either. When there's a problem, you talk to someone who can fix it.

I'm glad folks are finding the forum useful. I know I enjoy it and I'm glad that it has stayed focused and professional, but not so uptight that we can't enjoy an occasional chuckle at our own expense.
Bill Fosher
Westmoreland, NH
Bill Fosher
Chief Shepherd

Return to Forum operations